Well apparently I have been living under a rock for awhile, but I have only recently learned about the amazingness that is the LuLaRoe clothing line. For those of you who are just finding out about this company, here is the quick version straight from their website: “LuLaRoe exists to provide an opportunity for people to create freedom by selling comfortable, affordable, stylish clothing, and offering its consultants the independence to set their own pace and schedule.” Basically they sell super comfy and affordable clothes through dedicated and passionate independent consultants. Sounds good to me as long as it ends with me wearing super soft leggings, shirts, and dresses everyday!
A good friend of mine recently became a LLR fan and has been telling me for awhile that I needed to jump on the bandwagon. And I am so glad that I did! Now let me just start by saying that I would definitely consider myself to be a leggings connoisseur. For a good part of the last decade, I have dedicated myself to finding and subsequently wearing as many pairs of legging as possible and for obvious reasons…stretchy fabric and easy to dress up or down. So let me say that I have found quite a few bad pairs and one or two that I would actually say I liked. That is why I consider myself a bit of an expert in this area. I’ve worn a lot of leggings in my day and let me say that hands down, no holds barred, LuLaRoe leggings are far and above the most comfortable, soft, and fashion friendly leggings I have ever worn.
Butter leggings. Google it! Everything that comes up is probably related to LLR leggings. And that is the perfect way to describe them. They seriously are the softest things ever. I probably got more than a few strange looks the first day I wore mine out in public as I was “feeling myself up” for most of the day. I couldn’t help myself! They are like butter. I have never worn anything that soft before.
Ok, ok, now that you know their clothes are comfy and super soft, let’s talk about my other observations. I only own the leggings and one gorgeous bright pink shirt (the Irma!), so this review is solely based on that, but stay tuned because this mama plans to add some dresses to her collection very soon! More reviews for sure are to come. Below are my favorite ways to style my LLR pieces for the cold and rainy northwest Fall weather! And don’t forget to read on to find info aout a giveaway just for you!
Things to Love About LLR:
- If you are into fun prints then this company has you covered. There are so many fun ones to choose from and I am shocked at how many compliments I have received when wearing them. Don’t worry, they also sell super soft and comfy solid colors, so you don’t have to jump on board the print bandwagon just yet (you’ll get there though!).
- You can shop in your pjs (or in a pair of LLR leggings of course). As someone who has a love-hate relationship with online shopping, I can tell you that I love the community feeling of shopping in an online shop with other ladies. I love seeing what people buy…as long as it isn’t the item I want!
- They have 2 sizes of leggings so you never have to worry about if they will fit or not. One size and tall and curvy are the only sizes, so once you know what you are, you are good to go! Thanks to this baby bump and these long stems, I am a tall and curvy! The dresses and shirts come in typical sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL, etc.) and the consultants are great at letting you know what to buy! They are experts after all.
- They don’t get pilly. I don’t know about you, but I don’t exactly have a “thigh gap,” so I hate it when pants I have owned for one day already start getting little balls of fabric between my legs from friction. So far, no fabric balls here!
- They are easy to pair with other items already in your closet. Now I would recommend pairing the awesome leggings with a cute Irma shirt (instant outfit), but it’s also really easy to pair LLR items with clothes you already own. Printed leggings look great with solid color shirts and button ups, and the shirts are super easy to throw on with a pair of jeans or leggings for a fun pop of color.
- They are affordable! This one is huge for me. As a budget conscious shopper, I find it hard to spend a lot of money on a dress, a shirt, or a pair of leggings. I actually own a pair of leggings that were given to me as a birthday gift. They set the super nice person who bought them for me over $75! That is way too much! These LLR leggings are only $25 a piece! Woo hoo!
Now everything in life has a few downsides and the only ones I can find with my LLR items aren’t even very big ones!
~I have found that some of the leggings, depending on their color, can be a bit see-through if you wear bright and crazy printed underwear (which apparently I often do!). Easy fix though – cover your buns with a cute Irma shirt whose length is perfect for wearing with a pair of legging to give you that extra modesty and coverage.
~You also have to make sure to follow all the specific washing instructions that come with your items. Nothing too crazy, just things like washing inside out on gentle cycle. And it’s a small price to pay to ensure that your clothes last for years to come.
~Online clothes shopping….for me this is both a reason I love the brand and a downside. Does anyone else get super nervous buying clothes online? As an oddly tall woman, I have found online shopping can be dangerous as not all sizes fit me the same. However, the benefit of LLR is that once you know your size, you are good to go! I am currently a tall and curvy size legging and a small or medium Irma shirt size, so I know that I can purchase both of those items and the clothes will fit perfectly. Luckily you can usually exchange items that don’t fit for a different size and the consultants who sell LLR are super knowledgeable about sizing, too!
Now that I have professed my love for this brand, I hope you will trust me when I say that you have to try them out for yourself and I hope that you will! Please check out my awesome friend, Sammye, who runs her own small business allowing her to stay home with her adorable kiddos (doesn’t that sound awesome?). Links to her online shop and Instagram are below! She has weekly live sales via her online Facebook shop, so you can always check in and shop in the comfort of your own home. You can also sign up to host your own online pop-up shop and if you live in the Pacific Northwest, could even discuss an in person pop-up party! So many fun ways to buy this awesome product and support a work-from-home-mama as well!
Now to the fun part! Want to win a free pair of leggings? Who doesn’t? Check out my Instagram feed for all the details on a giveaway to win your own pair of “Butter” leggings for free! (Commenting on this post will earn you an extra entry, along with subscribing to my blog, AND joining Sammye’s Facebook online shop above! – That’s three extra entries and a better chance to win!) So many easy ways to enter, just make sure you follow us both on Instagram as well. The giveaway will end on Friday, October 28th at 5pm PST. Good luck!