I love love love this time of year for so many reasons. The obvious are of course, the coming of the Christmas holiday, time with friends and family, Christmas music and Hallmark Channel movies, the overall festiveness of the season, and of course, there is always that little (ok, big) part of me that relishes the idea of Christmas shopping!
Yes, the thing that many people hate most about the season is one of the things I truly love about it. I love Christmas shopping. I love going out amongst the herds of other shoppers and finding the perfect gifts for each member of my rather large family. I also love creating my own Christmas list in case Old St. Nick wonders what I wish for under the tree this year.
Part of this I think stems from the fact that every other month of the year, my husband and I stick to a strict budget. We use an app, Goodbudget, which I highly recommend, and we sync our purchases so that we know exactly how much money we have left in each category (food, entertainment, groceries, etc). It works well….too well that is and usually keeps my spending at a minimum. With that said, when December rolls around I can finally indulge at least a little in all those PRETTY LITTLE THINGS that I have had my eye on all year long.
This post is sponsored by Jord Wood Watches. As always, all opinions expressed are solely my own! Thank you for supporting the brands that support My Mama Project!
Well, I have had my eye on many things this year as gifts to give and gifts to hopefully receive. One of those has been this gorgeous (so pretty the photos don’t do it justice) watch from Jord Wood Watches. I had seen a few of their watches show up on my Instagram feed and I instantly fell in love. So for me, Christmas came a bit early this year as this watch gets to accessorize all of my holiday parties and Christmas functions this year!
Don’t tell my husband, but I am thinking that he might get one in his stocking this year! He keeps hinting to me that he might like one on his wrist as well. I get the feeling that he is a teeny tiny bit jealous of my beautiful timepiece. He even asked when it arrived if it was for him. Sorry honey, this one is for me, but Santa will add that to her, I mean his, shopping list this year!
So, can we talk for a minute about what makes this watch so amazing?
- The craftsmanship is obvious from the moment you take it out of the box. Every little detail of the watch shows how much time and effort went into making it and even the box it arrives in and packaging will have you wondering how it doesn’t cost twice as much. I can’t bear to throw the box away. It is too pretty.
- It is unique. You won’t find anything like it out there and you have so many different choices of wood and watch face that everyone will find something they can’t live without. There are 13 different woods alone! For me it was the-photos-don’t-do-it-justice mint watch face. The pop of color against the gold accents was just too pretty to pass up and I love the dark sandalwood and how it accents the face color. Can you tell I’m in love?
- Not only will it arrive well made, in beautiful packaging, and just the color and tone you want, but they will even size it for you. I was so happy to not have to find a watch shop to resize it for me and I could literally wear it right out of the box. Here’s to hoping that I don’t get too bloated this pregnancy or I might end up needing to add a link or two along the way.
- Dark Sandalwood and Mint, it sounds pretty even saying it! This watch is simple and streamlined and as such pairs well with most any outfit. I have worn this watch to a fancy wedding and am wearing it right now in my sweats as I type this post. The gold accents on the face also pairs well with most any other jewelry for those who love to wear accessories on top of your accessories!
- Wood watch. Enough said. Unique and timeless at the same time.
Now to the best part! You can make a Jord Wood Watch part of your Christmas shopping list and receive a discount at the same time! Click on the link below to enter my giveaway for a $75 gift certificate to Jord Wood Watches. The even better part? EVERYONE WHO ENTERS gets an automatic $20 gift certificate emailed to them just for entering. Win-win! Enter now as the contest will end on November 27th at 11:59pm PST.